Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tea, is it a sign?

I love to drink tea, but tea drinking isn't as simple as it sounds or used to be. I think there are likely as many if not more types and flavours of tea than there are coffee in it's natural form.

I am for the most part just a regular black tea and milk type of guy, (not like my wife or most in North America) but  this Christmas when I received some tea as a Christmas gift I had a choice of tea, this tea was a Green Tea called "Minty Gunpowder" what kind of name is that for a tea I asked myself? A crazy one I think!

That being said I tried it recently and I must say it has the strangest taste, a weird minty, smoky taste, I liked it, and I like the choice it gives me. My preference will remain regular black tea and milk but now I have options, so this got me to thinking;

Are we as a society so driven for change that we crave as many different flavours in our life as we do in our tea that we can't be satisfied with just "regular" tea?

There are so many choices for everything nowadays, whether it is cars, TV's, Phones, Computers, pop/soda the list is endless, nothing is just one choice there has to be multiple choices or we are not satisfied.

I think we have to be intentional about being content, to settle for just "regular" and not push for many different choices when "regular" meets our needs. We need to search our hearts to find what we are looking for to fill that void in us and not try to fill it with the wrong things because they just won't last.

No comments:

Post a Comment