Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle

So it's 6am we're in a hotel in Seattle and my phone rings, the lady on the phone asks for Sheila I ask "who is calling" and the lady replies "Mary from Swedish", I wake my wife "Sheila" and tell her it is for her. At this point I am thinking it is odd, my US phone number isn't published anywhere and few people have it, but oh well!

I hear my wife say "Sorry I can't I am in Seattle" and the call ends. I ask Sheila what it was about and she says "Oh they wanted me to work". Really puzzled now I enquire "who wants you to work?" now I should add that my wife takes a fair bit to wake up and get going in the morning, "Dr Pan's Office" (an office she works at). I now know something is really odd, there is no way they would have my number. So I say "Really" she says "huh, it's early I am asleep, I think it was them, I don't know."

So I Google "Swedish Medical Seattle" and find there is a medical centre in Seattle called Swedish, see that the number online matches the one on my call display. Now I am onto something!

I call back the number and ask if they just called, they say they did, I explain what happened, they realize a mistake in their system (their Sheila has my phone number listed) along with a huge coincidence of my wife being another Sheila causes a confusing Saturday 6am!

Being so helpful and seeing the opportunity for a little extra cash I offer my Sheila to come in and work for the day if they need. They think it's funny, my wife doesn't and now I may need the services of Seattle's Swedish Medical Centre...

The joys of a 6am call on a Saturday morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment