Monday, July 25, 2011

The Beach

The beach is an odd place, a place where people of all walks of life come together and apart from the stuff you bring everyone is equal. You "stake your claim" with your towel and that is your area for the day. I find it interesting that you see all sorts of people "the towel and cut off jeans people", these are the ones who arrive in cut off jeans carrying only a towel, through to the "I am bringing the kitchen sink people", these are the people who bring everything they need in case they are stuck at the beach forever.

As I sit at the beach and watch the waves lap onto it I find it relaxing and invigorating but I can't help but think that no matter if I am there or not the waves will continue to come in and out exactly the way the same way day in, day out.

As I watch people walk along the beach leaving their footprints, building sand castles and writing in the sand I think of the fact that in a few hours the tide will be in and the sand refreshed and ready for more footprints, sand castles and writing to be make their mark.

Watching the waves wash away the past with grace but also power reminds me of Jesus who shows us Grace and has Power and if invited in to our lives will wash away our past transgressions leaving us with a clean canvass on which we can live our lives, we just have to make the choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment